Wedding gift DIY




Being that I work for the school system, summers are particularly hard for me financially! Consequently, all the weddings, showers, moving etc are a tight squeeze. Because I have several weddings this summer I wanted to come up with creative and inexpensive way to thank the bride and groom for inviting me without re-moraging a house.   Because my creativity was at an alllll time low I went to the handy-dandy Pinterest. Because my friend is marrying into an Italian family I thought I'd do an "Italian starter kit." 
These are the two templates I used to create my kit. Thank god my momma was with me! She's very good at this stuff! We started at Bed Bath and Beyond but we were at 33 dollars with just a bowl and salt shakers! I didn't like where the was heading... So we went to Walmart! 
I bought this huge container for ten dollars! 
The inside stuff included-
Slotted spoon
Cheese grater
Pasta
Sauce
Shaker set
Red wine
I used the dollar store brown filling to give this a rustic look and I used their basket bags to bring it all together. 
Unfortunately the top wouldn't fit over the pasta and wine! I used the basket bag to hold the top on, leaning forward. 
Finished! 


Leave a Comment

Post a Comment