Spaghetti squash pasta!




We've seen it a million times- in health books, on Pinterest, on a friends we page etc...using spaghetti squash as pasta, I've always stuck my nose up to it because it sounds disgusting (I hate squash). BUT the more I read about it the more I see people saying how delicious it is and how you can't tell the difference between the squash and real pasta. Now I'm 100% Italian and my blood is actually just spaghetti sauce and my body is built on carbs, so I'm a seriously tough judge...but here goes nothing. I bought mine at walmart, but seems like they're everywhere. The HARDEST part is getting the squash cut in half. I needed Drew's help. ( I read later that out it in the microwave for like 10 seconds to soften the skin). 



Scape out the seeds like a pumpkin and put EVOO on it. I used kosher salt and I made sure to hit it hard. With the oven set to 350 I placed the squash in for 45 minutes. 
Use a fork and scrape the sides- it is SO COOL. it looks just like spaghetti!! I wasn't sold yet because I hadn't tasted it though. While it was cooking I took a can of Classico four cheese sauce and added it to cooked brown beef and...
Viola!! AMAZING!! You'll never go back I swear it. Drew and I liked our plates clean! 






Leave a Comment

Post a Comment