Greek Wrap...yummmmmmy!




I'm going through a hard-core Greek phase...and by "greek phase" I mean feta cheese and olives phase. So i decided I would make a greek pita wrap at home because going out to eat is getting expensive and fattening. I started out by heating a "flat out" pita bread on the stove. I just wiped a little olive oil in the pan and turn it on medium. Each side took about 4-5 minutes.

While the pita was cooking I cut up- tomatoes, onions (my breath is awesome right now) and olives from the olive bar at Fresh market. I bought already shredded romaine hearts at the store


I bought this amazing reduced fat feta cheese at Fresh Market (my new obsession!!) It is fantastic and you feel less guilty about enjoying it...go get this, I swear you wont regret it...


I also made my own greek dressing! ( I really hate the store bought stuff, it's really processed and there is no reason people don't make their own, it's so easy and it takes 10x's better) I used the following ingredients and poured it on the wrap!
1 cup olive oil
3 teaspoons dried oregano
3 teaspoons dried basil
1 teaspoons ground black pepper
2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon regular French's mustard
1 cups red wine vinegar
Directions:
Simply pour all ingredients into a container (bottle is best).
Shake vigorously until well mixed.


Here is my finished product! It was so good and really cost no more then1.25per serving! 
Add caption

Leave a Comment

Post a Comment