When you work as a school psychologist, events like those that occurred in Boston seem to be amplified in the school environment. Kiddos are so confused about terrorist attacks and they do not know how to conceptualize their own safety. For this week I thought it would be good to include two links to resources that help explain bombing and terrorist attacks to students and your own kids. 

Hopefully these will help ease some of the anxiety children feel and some of the anxiety parents deal with when trying to help their kids. 
We need to remember that these events do not impact just those families effected or Boston residents...it affects everyone....
Today I wore my "Inspire" bracelet to work because I was hopeful that it would help me stay positive and it would remind me that these events can inspire all of us to change the world. I hope to one day bring kids into a safe environment where people can run events without fearing for their lives...

(Inspire Bracelet BCBG)

Leave a Comment

Post a Comment