They're here! After a 12 hour drive, my family has finally arrived! I am beyond excited, frankly I lack a word that would properly describe how nice it is. I do wish Dana, Jen, Shawn, Sammy, and Nannie could be here, but hey I'll take what I got! When they arrived yesterday we started off their visit by food shopping. I wanted to make sure I had whatever they like in the house and I needed their help to get the stuff for Easter dinner. My dad is making Prime Rib and I know nothing about buying that! After food shopping we went to the italian restaurant Osteria Cicchati in Wilmington where we had meatless dinners (good friday) and lots of fun! Finishing the night with The Hobbit, which I loved (NEVER thought that would happen!) Today we were going to go to the Rigley's Aquarium in Myrtle Beach but  opted to go to Southport, NC instead. So nice! It was a perfect day for strolling outside and looking at all the nicknacks. 

I insisted Emmy come with us, as did my family who asked about her roughly a million times! She always makes everything wayyyy more fun! Plus I knew she wanted to explore NC just like we did. 

My momma decided to fix my scale (which I honestly preferred broken but I guess I have to accept reality now...boo hoo)
These two get a real kick out of each other...which I adore. Its beyond important that they get along!!!
We arrived in Southport. They had a beautiful Spring Festival with lots of crafts and food. It was so fun. And they filmed Safe Haven here so there were lots of sights to see!
_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Easter Stuff is coming together! We have acquired quite the collection of chocolate and candy....even though Drew and my father have hit it hard.  

 These are the flowers I bought at Whole Foods and Harris Teeter. I love Hydrangeas and couldn't say no when I saw them! The sunflowers made me happy and will be an awesome  centerpiece!

Here are the baskets, finally complete! I think they turned out great. Baskets are from Garnish, candy from target, cookies are homemade, and all the rest is a little bit of everything. 
"Christmastime is Easter time all the way back home" Dana, age 3.







Lastly, I opened by door today to find birthday gifts from my second family! I watch Samantha from the age of 1 to almost three. I just adore her and her wonderful family who treat me like gold! 


Leave a Comment

Post a Comment